1. General points
The purpose of this Personal Data Protection Policy (hereinafter “Policy”) is to inform you of our privacy practices, and about the conditions under which Macon&Lesquoy SARL – private limited liability company incorporated in Paris, France, under company registration number 523 696 615, and whose offices are located 162 Avenue de la Libération - 50400 Granville (hereinafter “Macon&Lesquoy”, “the Company”, or “We”) collects, uses, and stores the personal data (hereinafter “the Data”) you are invited to provide while using our online platform (hereinafter “the Platform”) accessible through the website maconetlesquoy.com, or our partner sites (hereinafter “Sites”).
This Policy explains how we process the Data that you provide and that we collect. We invite you to read this document carefully so that you are aware of and understand the privacy practices we are implementing with regard to the processing of your Data. We also inform you that the consultation and/or use of our Sites necessarily entails the acceptance of the present Policy.
2. What Data do we collect, and how is it collected?
According to the nature and purpose of your interaction with Macon&Lesquoy (subscription to our newsletter, filling in of the contact forms, in possible telephone conversations, etc.), nous may have to collect the following Data:
The Data you provide directly to us when:
- You fill out the forms (e.g. the newsletter subscription form)
- You create an account to place an order
- You contact us, whether by phone, email, or any other means of communication, or when you notify us of a request.
The Data we automatically collect when:
- You sign in to our services by using the social media features we made available for you. Macon&Lesquoy will have access to some of the Data (especially your first and last name, profile picture, email address and number of Facebook friends) you provide on the concerned social network, in accordance with the General Terms and Conditions of the relevant social network. We may also collect some of your Data when you interact with features of these networks, notably the “Like” button.
3. Who collects your Data and who is it shared with?
Macon&Lesquoy is responsible for the processing of your Data and will take any decisions regarding the purpose and modalities of Data processing, and the tools that should be used in that perspective, including those used as part of security measures.
Additionally, in the course of our business, and for external processing needs, Data may be shared with outside firms in order to ensure the good maintenance of our Site and services. Your payment details will for instance be transmitted to our payment service providers, and to the banking institutions keeping the accounts in the context of the purchase transactions you undertake, and of the management of our marketing operations.
Our payment service providers are contractually bound to respect Data confidentiality, and to only exploit it for the purposes it was shared with them for.
Your Data may be handed over to any buyer or successor by merger, cession, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or any sale or transfer of all or any part of the assets of Macon&Lesquoy in the event of uncertainties, insolvency, liquidation, or other procedures under which the User Data of the Macon&Lesquoy website is part of the assets disposed of.
Lastly, we may also disclose your Data:
- To comply with any legislated mandate, law, or legal procedure, including government and regulatory requirements;
- It we reckon this disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or security of Macon&Lesquoy, its clients, or any third parties. The aforesaid disclosure includes exchange of information with other companies and organizations for purposes of protection against fraud and counterfeits.
Links to third-party sites
The Site may display links to various social network platforms managed on third-party servers, by people or organizations over which Macon&Lesquoy has no control.
As a result, we can by no means be held liable for the way your Data is stored and used on these third-party servers.
We advise you take note of the Data protection policy implemented by any third-party website you may reach via our Site so as to be aware of the way your Data is to be used.
4. Why do we use your Data?
Your Data is collected and processed for purposes that are strictly related to the use of our Site and its services, after registration on the Site, and for purchase and order purposes.
Your Data may also be used in the context of other processing operations, but always under terms compatible with these objectives. Your Data will notably be processed to:
- Complete the sale concluded between you and us, and provide you with the required information and service;
- Send you, in accordance with the applicable laws, and with your approval when the legislation requires it, commercial and promotional messages, as well as information relating to the use of our services, or suggest items or services you might be interested in. We may also use your Data to send you potentially useful advertising messages on the platforms of the social networks or third-party websites. Should you want more information on this subject, we invite you to review the contractual documents of these platforms;
- Give you information about the services provided by Macon&Lesquoy, and the purchase of our Products on maconetlesquoy.com (e.g. alerts that may be of interest to you, our news) by email, SMS, or any other means of communication;
- Give you information about Internet browsing, the compatibility of your browser, as well as the visits and page load of maconetlesquoy.com;
- Help us maintain a sage and secure environment on our Platform;
- Respect our rights and obligations, as specified in the deals concluded with the users, and for any other lawful purpose.
so as to:
- improve your user experience, notably by:
- enabling our site to recognize your hardware, so that you don’t need to provide the same information again to perform the same task;
- recognizing the user name and password you already filled in so that you don’t have to provide it on every webpage that might ask you to.
- Analyze the traffic and data on our Site so that we can:
- measure the number of visitors, which enables us to make the site easier to use and to insure its capacity to quickly respond to your requests;
- estimate surfing habits, and speed up your searches;
- better understand the way you interact with our site, in order to upgrade it.
5. What are the security measures implemented to protect your Data?
We set up safety measures to minimize the risks of destruction or loss, even accidental, of the Data; of unauthorized – or not in accordance with the aforesaid purposes of this Policy – access or treatment of the Data.
However, given the specific features of the Internet, it is impossible to guarantee that the safeguards we implemented to protect our website and Data processing on maconetlesquoy.com limit or exclude risks of unauthorized access or data loss.
We cannot be held responsible for any circumvention of the privacy settings or security measures in place on our Sites.
We recommend you install security software on your computer which protects the networked transfer and reception of your Data, both for input and output, (e.g. an updated antivirus system), and you make sure your internet access provider took the necessary steps to guarantee the security of networked data transfer (e.g. with firewalls and anti-spam filters).
6. What are your rights?
You are entitled, at any time, to ask Macon&Lesquoy to confirm if it does or doesn’t hold Data about you, even if it wasn’t saved yet.
In addition, you are entitled to have Macon&Lesquoy send you information about the origin of your Data, the means implemented to process it, and the purpose of this processing; the rationale underlying all the data processing handled with electronic tools; detailed information about the manager and controllers of the personal data processing, as well as the subjects or categories of parties to whom your Data might be communicated, or who might have access to it in their capacity, e.g., of managers or subjects in charge of the processing.
Your are entitled, at any moment, to ask Macon&Lesquoy for:
- the update, rectification, or, if you wish, the integration of your Data;
- the suppression, conversion to an anonymous format, or blocking of your Data (when unlawfully processed), including Data that does not need to be held to serve the purposes for which it was collected and processed;
- the confirmation that the operations carried out in accordance with above paragraphs were notified (with the content of these operations) to the people this Data was shared with, except when it could not be done, or when the means used are clearly disproportionate to the results in terms of data protection.
You are entitled to object, in whole or in part:
- for legitimate reasons, to the processing of your Data, even if this processing respects the purposes for which it was collected;
- to the processing of your Data for advertising or direct marketing purposes, or in order to conduct marketing studies or business communication activities.
You are also entitled to provide guidance regarding what you want done with your Data after your death.
Before answering your request, we may have to check your identity, and ask you more details to be able to meet your needs.
We shall endeavor to process your inquiry in a reasonable timeframe, and, at all events, within the period allowed by law.
7. Links to other websites and social networks
Our Platform may from time to time contain outbound links to our partners’ websites or third-party companies’.
Macon&Lesquoy does not monitor or carry out surveillance activities of these sites and their content. Macon&Lesquoy shall in no case be held accountable for the content of these sites, and the rules implemented by them, notably regarding the protection of your privacy and the processing of your Data while browsing.
maconetlesquoy.com only displays a link to these websites in order to help the user in their search or browsing, so as to facilitate their connection to other sites via hyperlinks. The activation of the link does not imply any endorsement or recommendation from Macon&Lesquoy to access these sites and browse their content, or any guarantee regarding their content, and the services or goods they provide and/or sell to Internet users.